The lawyer for Mr. A, a Chinese national in his 60s who was indicted on charges of murder, said at the first hearing held on the 26th at the 16th Criminal Division of the Incheon District Court (Chief Judge Yoon I-jin) that "the crime
"I admit that I did commit the crime, but since there is no risk of him committing the crime again against a third party, I would like the request for the electronic anklet to be dismissed." In response, the prosecution said, "The temporary measure (prohibition against approaching the victim) has ended.
After that, he visited the house three times but was unable to enter, so he purchased a blunt instrument and struck (the victim's wife) on the head 26 times." "The crime is so heinous that an electronic ankle bracelet order is necessary," he said.
Mr. A was arrested on June 19th at around 4:30 pm in front of the entrance of an officetel in Bupyeong-gu, Incheon, on suspicion of killing his wife, Ms. B, in her 60s, by repeatedly hitting her with a blunt object.
He was indicted. In December last year, he was arrested by the police for threatening Mr. B with a knife at his home. At that time, the police filed charges against Mr. A while he was still at home, and then applied for temporary measures with the court. Mr. A was arrested by the police for threatening Mr. B with a knife at his home.
He was given a temporary court order prohibiting him from approaching within 100 meters of the victim and restricting his contact with the victim. In January of this year, Mr. A was summarily indicted and fined 1 million won (approximately 110,000 yen) for this incident.
However, just one week after the period of suspension expired on June 12, he murdered Mr. B.
It is said that Mr. A also visited the officetel three days before the crime, but was unable to meet Mr. B.
Although the police were dispatched to the scene on the same day, they assessed the risk of harm at a "2 point," lower than the "3 point" standard for emergency measures. Mr. A is said to have visited his wife again the day before the crime.
On the day of the crime, Mr. B visited the police station to discuss the issuance of smartwatches and the installation of security cameras, but was murdered before these measures could be implemented.
On June 21, before undergoing a pre-arrest hearing (substantive warrant review) at the Incheon District Court, Mr. A responded to a question from reporters asking, "Is there anything you want to say to your wife?" by saying, "I am a juvenile.
He also responded to the questions, "Why did you visit him as soon as the restraining order was lifted?" and "Do you not feel sorry for the family you left behind?", "I don't think I did anything wrong."
"Where should I live? I don't think it's wrong," he said, showing no remorse.
2025/08/26 21:33 KST
Copyrights(C) Edaily wowkorea.jp 78